Monday, August 20, 2012

Five Stars Without a Twinkle

The mood right now isn’t coffee-shop

or fancy-elevator-ride,

Darling, it’s raining neon colors

and flooding liquid gold outside!

Sorry, I couldn’t get my dress tailored

or buy those achromatic heels,

but I bought these flip flops freshly tattered

for special occasions like these!

So please, let’s leave this tinted glass

and barge through the chiming door;

this napkin of silk you’ve draped across my lap

is setting us up for a lengthy bore:

Look, it catches the spills and rifts in class

but it can’t catch the thundering breeze;

and the polished silverware on the marble tabletop?

It’s just too hard to please.




1 comment:

  1. I like it! It's not your normal tone, it's very direct and speaking to someone. It's...simple? More simple than your usual stuff. I like the change! In fact, it's about not being fancy and about natural things. :) MORE!

    ReplyDelete